The Center for Science Teaching and Learning or CSTL
Is situated within Tanglewood Preserve—a nature preserve in Rockville Centre, NY. Our mission is simple: to encourage science learning and literacy in everyone, children as well as adults. CSTL is a 501(C3) nonprofit organization that is operated by a passionate, intelligent, and highly qualified staff that includes scientists, certified teachers, former school administrators, and skilled artists and craftsman. These professionals are dedicated to incorporating each of the three basic core sciences—Life science, Physical science, and Earth science —into an experience in a way that engages people, making learning a real adventure.
Opportunities At CSTL
- Programs for School groups and Scouts bring children face-to-face with animals, nature, and hands-on science!
- We hold science camps and workshops during school vacations and weekends, to keep kids engaged while outside the classroom!
- Families can learn together at our science-themed Birthday Parties, in our Animal Exhibit, or during our programs for toddlers!
- Our Nature’s Kids nursery school has the only science and nature based curriculum of any nursery school on Long Island!
- Not all of our programs are local. CSTL helps to run a number of national and international programs aimed to get adults and young adults involved and engaged in STEM.
- We also offer consulting opportunities for teachers, businesses, and science centers looking to strengthen their STEM-connections!
- Looking for space for an event or nature-inspired wedding? You might be interested in renting our facilities.
You can help support CSTL by exploring our employment opportunities, or making a donation.
Get in touch today and let the Center for Science Teaching and Learning create a special program for you.