CSTL offers full-day programs during school vacations that get kids involved in hands on science experiments and explorations. Children have the opportunity to explore 17 acres of nature, visit our live animals, conduct experiments, and take part in science shows and demonstrations conducted by our staff of professional science teachers.
SPOOKY FEST (RAIN OR SHINE!)
Fun Is Lurking In the Woods This Halloween
- All Attractions Admission (Rain or Shine) Haunted Woods - Scary • Haunted Maze - Scary • A Fun Not-So-Spooky Walk for Young Children • Kids Arts and Crafts Area
- Non-Scary Attractions Admission (Rain or Shine) A Fun Not-So-Spooky Walk for Young Children • Kids Arts and Crafts Area
JOIN US FOR SPOOKY FEST IN ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY
This Tanglewood Preserve Spooky Fest has an enchanted walk, a spooky woods walk (with zombie dinosaurs), face painting, fortune telling, crafts and a Halloween DJ. We also will have spooky bites for everyone! Kids will see delightful scenes in the non-spooky walk and they can meet and greet Merry Monsters and a prince and princess. There are lots of opportunities for family photos. Book your spot to join us for the Spooky Fest in Rockville Centre today!
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY!
(All Volunteers Must Be At Least 16 Years Old)
WHAT’S LURKING IN THE WOODS THIS HALLOWEEN?
The Center for Science Teaching and Learning (CSTL) celebrates Halloween with Spooky Fest! Taking place at the Tanglewood Preserve in Rockville Centre, Long Island, the grounds are transformed into a family friendly Halloween event. Wooded paths and festivities on the preserve will be featured, with eerie lighting, special effects, and characters along the way. Everything is perfectly spooky and maybe just a little scary. (RAIN OR SHINE!)
$20 ADMISSION INCLUDES: NON-SPOOKY ATTRACTIONS
- Enchanted Forest Walk for young children features friendly displays and characters, such as cute dinosaurs, Aliens, and new for 2022. Cinderella!
- Kids arts and crafts area
- Face Painting
- Fortune telling
- Halloween DJ
$25 ADMISSION INCLUDES: ALL ATTRACTIONS PLUS:
- Everything the Non-Scary ticket has plus the Spooky Woods, The Spooky Woods will have Zombie Robotic Dinosaurs and other Zombie scenes but no one will jump out to scare you. This Attraction is a little scary, recommended for children 7-12 yrs. old.
THE SPOOKY FEST ATTRACTIONS:
The Not-So-Spooky is “not at all spooky”. This walk through the woods is a colorfully lit Halloween story where children meet friendly Halloween characters. Butterflies, friendly ghosts, happy scarecrows , dinosaurs, aliens, and new for 2022 CINDERELLA.
Many other displays await young children. Bring a camera because there are opportunities along this trail to take a family photo.
The Spooky Woods are a “little scary.” This quarter mile hike through the dark but lighted woods features robotic zombie dinosaurs and other spooky scenes.
The scenes are mildly spooky and would not be scary for adults but can be a little scary for kids. This attraction is part of the All inclusive ticket of $25.
Kids have an opportunity to create Halloween crafts and take them home!
Kids dance and party with our live DJ playing all the fun kid songs and Halloween favorites.
What does the future hold for you and your family?
Face painting for kids with some creative designs.