$11 Museum Experience | $7 Enrichment Programs
THE DINOSAURS AND ANIMAL ADVENTURE MUSEUM EXPERIENCE AT TANGLEWOOD PRESERVE IN ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY
ABOUT FIELD TRIPS:
- All field trip programs are 1 hour in length. The Museum Experience has an $11 per person rate with a 20-person minimum. We allow 2 teachers per group for free, adults beyond this are charged at the $11 per person rate.
- The $7 field trip programs have a 20-student minimum, with only students being charged. There are four options, see below for details.
- Programs can be combined for a multi-hour trip. For example, half of your group sees the exhibit while the other half sees an animal show. After the first program is completed, the groups switch to the other program to ensure everyone has the same experience.
- Advanced booking required: call 516-764-0045 or e-mail [email protected].
CAN’T COME TO US:
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you! Read about our Outreach Programs.
The Dinosaurs! and Animal Adventure museum experience is a perfect field trip experience to learn about animal adaptations. The museum features full-size museum quality dinosaur mounts, snakes, birds, reptiles, mammals, and hands-on activities. Combine this trip with any $7 per student field trip experience described below.
Teachers Exhibit Guide, and Pre & Post Teacher Activities:
For school groups visiting the museum, feel free to take advantage of our teachers exhibit guide, our adaptation pre-exhibit activity, and our post-exhibit activity. For an extra learning experience inside the museum, take advantage of our two adaptation scavenger hunts, which will help train your students’ eyes to spot adaptations and get them thinking critically about how different adaptations fit different environments.
- Download our Teachers Exhibit Guide here.
- Download the pre-exhibit activity here, and answer key here.
- Download the post-exhibit activity here.
- Download the first adaptation scavenger hunt here and the second one here.
$7 FIELD TRIP PROGRAMS:
CSTL’s Field Trip programs have been designed to align with the Next Generation Science Standards!
Animal Show – In this program, students learn about animal adaptations, lifestyles, and conservation in the best way possible: by meeting some of our live animals face-to-face!
NGSS Standards: LS1.A; LS1.D;
Naturalist Hike – In this program, students take a guided hike through the woods of our preserve, where they’ll find insects, birds, and other wildlife, and explore the interactions between the plants and animals of the local ecosystem.
NGSS Standards: LS1.C; LS2.A;
Life Around the Pond – In this program, students explore freshwater habitats of the preserve. They’ll search for aquatic plants and animals, and learn about the balance of these delicate habitats.
NGSS Standards: LS4.D; ESS3.C;
Bug World – Get up close and personal with some of our resident bugs before we take students around the preserve to see what bugs live around us, and why they are important.
NGSS Standards: LS1.B; LS2.B; LS4.D;
$9 FIELD TRIP PROGRAMS:
Fossil Discovery – How do scientists investigate the creatures of the ancient past? In this program, students get up close with fossils and get to dive into our dig site to make some discoveries of their own.
NGSS Standards: LS4.A; SEP.7; LS1.A;